Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October Motif - Day 2

Today I made the Tropical Flower motif. The pattern is two rounds and not ideally worded, but it is easy enough to see what stitches are necessary from the pictures.


It's a little wrinkly, because I haven't blocked it yet, and won't until I have a whole batch of motifs to work on.
Continuing the purple theme, I'm also working on a top for Halloween. I used the skull from this Skull Shawl pattern (with a couple of tweaks to chain lengths and such) and changed the layout a bit to make a top. Initially I was going to work the whole thing in one piece in the round, but I decided to work separate front and back. That way I could work one side, then see if it was going to work out before I did the other side.
I'm still debating on final touches; seam sides and leave openings for armholes or add straps, or even add shoulders and sleeves? We'll see after the back is finished and I've pinned them together.


No comments:

Post a Comment